Time: 9:30 to 4:00
Class Fee: $75.00 for one, $140 for two, or all three for $199. Class fee includes lunches.
Kit Fees: $30
Instructor: Sue Nickles
"Norwegian Heart and Birds” Wool Applique by Machine
One or two day workshop Wool is used to create a beautiful machine appliqued quilt project. Sue’s original design is inspired by a trip to Norway and the folk art images and colors of that unique country. Use a fusible and a machine blanket stitch to create this small folksy quilt. Embellishment will be added for an even more personalized touch. A kit will be provided for students to make this a fun and stress free workshop (includes background and wool applique fabric, thread and paper backed fusible web)
Student Supply List
- Sewing Machine (Blanket Stitch will be used) Bring power cord and foot pedal
- Open Toe Appliqué Foot- a MUST for machine appliqué (#20 for Bernina)
- Scissors- small embroidery type for precise cutting of appliqué pieces.
- Sewing Machine Needles- 80/12 sharp (Schmetz Microtex sharp)
- Basic Sewing Supplies- pencil, pencil sharpener, small tweezers.