Time: 9:30 to 4:00
Class Fee: $75.00 for one, $140 for two, or all three for $199. Class fee includes lunches.
Kit Fees: $20
Instructor: Sue Nickles
"Follow the Ruler All Day! Free Motion Ruler Work on the Home Sewing Machine
All levels 1 day
In this all day class explore ruler work for the home sewing machine. Play with
the BERNINA Adjustable Ruler Foot and rulers to achieve curves and straight
lines. Start with some basic concepts and then continue with lots of specific ideas
for using rulers. Add free motion stipple and feathers to accent your ruler work.
Join in the fun of using rulers for creative ways to quilt your quilt top. Students will
work on a small practice piece provided in a kit.
Adjustable Ruler Foot #72 and many rulers to share will be provided by
Required Kit $20.00 will include fabric top, batting, backing and thread
- Scissors or snips for clipping thread
- Ruler for marking on quilt top (12” x 6” clear acrylic ruler or similar)
- White fabric marking pencil
- Quilting gloves (Sue likes Graberoos brand) or Quilters Fingertips- Sue uses
- fingers cut off of good quality Kitchen dishwashing gloves (Playtex or Mr. Clean)