Time: 9:30 to 4:00
Class Fee: $75.00 for one, $140 for two, or all three for $199. Class fee includes lunches.
Kit Fees: $25
Instructor: Sue Nickels
"Butterfly Feathers - Free Motion Quilting with beautiful Feather Designs"
(some free motion quilting experience)
Learn the techniques to free motion quilt beautiful feather designs. Sue has used
the feather design successfully on many of her quilts. The feather is the ideal
design for free motion quilting and is easier than you think. Practice the techniques used to achieve beautiful, consistent and smooth stitches. Then work on your own “Butterfly Feather” project! Sue’s original feather design is ready to use in a kit that will include the pre-printed top, two practice squares, batting, backing, binding, sewing machine needle and thread. Fall in love with Feathers!
- Sewing Machine (bring instruction manual, extension bar or table and all accessories) Don’t forget foot pedal and power cord!
- Darning Foot- a must for free motion quilting (Sue prefers an open toe darning foot)
- Straight stitch throat plate (optional, bring if you have)
- 50 safety pins- size 1 (I use size 1)
- Rubber Gloves- kitchen dishwashing gloves, good quality Playtex or Mr. Clean (I use the fingertips for control in free motion quilting) or bring what you use to help move quilt for free motion quilting- machingers, graberoos.
- Basic sewing supplies- scissors or snips, hand sewing needle